This was live streamed, my apologies for not getting that link up in time.
Presentation starts at 7:00min in.
- To break the European student altitude record for rocketry before Fall 2017
- 63 students involved, international and domestic
- 12 core team positions
- Goal was to design and build a rocket in 1 year and to fly higher than before
- Powered by a 15kN hybrid rocket engine, burning Nitrous Oxide and sorbital/paraffin/aluminum fuel for 28 seconds
- 3D printed titanium nozzle
- Carbon fibre composite combustion chamber
- 262lt, 36kg carbon composite Nitrous Oxide tank
- Space for scientific payloads in nose cone
- Have capability to Livestream from onboard camera’s
- ~8m in length and 0.28m diameter
- 329.4kg MLOW, 104kg empty
- Will reach Mach 4.5 and an altitude of 80km (although could be between 60-100km)
- Nose cone will be recovered from ocean